What Came Out of the Women’s March
Jan 21 – pretty successful day for left wing protests. Possibly largest mass protest in the US, coordinated across dozens of cities…
Here are some things that are worth tracking over time:
- The most useful thing was to know that I could help with flipping CA-10, thanks to SwingLeft.org. I intend to try and talk to or meet the creators.
- Then I noticed in short order that someone else started ActionGroups.net
- People are suggesting on Twitter, that we protest on Tax Day. Great idea, especially as the last time this happened, in 2009, it was the Tea Party (see screenshot below for what it looks like today.) Lots to learn from their obstructionism.
- Bill in House (HR 193, 115th Congress) to exit UN: possible attempt to create far-right distractions, sponsored by Alabama Rep Mike Rogers
- Petition to release taxes. Will the Petitions app on the White House website even be kept going? At any rate, plenty of people saved it to the Internet Archive.
- Someone should probably just start documenting the lies that Sean Spicer tells (on behalf of his boss.) Or remix his reactions into a video.
- There’s also the more dangerous stuff Kellyanne Conway will continue to say – I think we should use it as a source of leftist outrage.
Nah, I just want to stay updated in general
Not much to recommend so far, except:
- Trump Tracker (backed by Sam Altman, among others.)
- Ground Game, that tracks protests via online links – here’s one someone started for the airport protests sparked 28/29th by the seven-nation ban EO signed by Trump.